If you would like to have your say about what activities and programs we can run as part of the Carers Hub please fill out this quick survey.
Online wellbeing sessions facilitated by Carers Victoria:
Strong Boundaries, Strong Carers - Tues 7 June
Tuesday 7 June 10:30am
This workshop explores how to set boundaries as a carer that helps you maintain your own life balance and well-being.
To register please click here.
Carers Collective events
Wellbeing Circle - Relaxation Meditation with Nicole - 7 May
Come along for a gentle meditation focused on grounding and relaxation, open to any level of meditators
07 May, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Location is TBD
Pathways for Carers
A new Pathways for Carers ‘walk and talk’ program in Nillumbik is designed to provide local carers with peer-based support, information, services and resources. Pathways for Carers takes place on the first Wednesday of each month, with carers meeting at Diamond Creek Community Centre at 9.45am. To find out more or to get involved, click here.
Mindfulness for Carers is a four-week meditation course offered free of charge from 9:30-10:30 every Friday morning from the 15th of July until the 5th of August by local carer and dad, Ollie.
It will be held at Living $ Learning in Eltham, 739 Main Rd.
To find out more and to register please visit Ollie's website
Connecting Carers at Healthability
The Connecting Carers project is aimed at people over 65 and is funded by the Victorian State Government, Department of Health and Human Services through the Victorian Carer Strategy. Upcoming activities include:
- A series of easy meditation’ sessions for carers only, in May run out of Hurstbridge Hub while Memory care café is running on Monday afternoons (1.30pm)
- Lunch outing for carers (may include the person you are caring for) at: Tuesday, 24th May 12pm Panton Hill Hotel or Wednesday 15th June 12pm Bridges Restaurant, Hurstbridge
- Some Monday afternoon discussions at Hurstbridge Hub, Greysharps Rd Hurstbridge (during Memory Care Café 1.30-3pm).
- 16th May: The art of feeling in control while caring for a loved one
- 23rd May: Change and making difficult decisions for the future.
The above are facilitated by Sharon Bard, Glasshouse Reflections
- 20th June Reflexology workshop: simple practices using reflexology and mindfulness with Clare Sartori from Balanced Ground
Please enquire for further details Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org or on Phone: 9430 9125.