Living & Learning Nillumbik is committed to providing a positive, inclusive and supportive learning environment for everybody.
People will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, gender, location, culture or disability in access to our programs and services, and we encourage participation by individuals with a disability.
Living & Learning Nillumbik courses and activities focus on adult learning, for people 18 years of age or older, unless otherwise stated. We do offer a limited range courses for children and teens.
People choose to participate in adult learning for many different reasons, including to:
- upgrade job skills
- start a business
- learn about a subject or to extend their knowledge
- meet new people
- develop self-confidence
- get involved in the community
- develop personal skills
- participate in social networking.
Adult learning is shared learning, based on co-operation, self-direction and personal responsibility.
The adult learning experience can be participatory, peer-to-peer, practical, goal-oriented, diverse and dynamic.
Living & Learning Nillumbik is a friendly supportive environment where the tutor is your guide and partner on your learning journey.
You don't have to be a resident of the Shire of Nillumbik to attend.
Living & Learning Nillumbik works within a community development framework to:
- provide local opportunities for people to belong, link to resources, gain knowledge and skills and discover pathways to further learning or employment
- organise and deliver a wide range of recreational and social programs
- deliver and award nationally-recognised training qualifications for Council (Registered Training Organisation No. 3989).
Living & Learning Nillumbik has centres at Eltham, Panton Hill and Diamond Creek with courses located at a range of other facilities across the Shire. It is a member of Nillumbik Shire Council’s Communities Directorate.