Welcome to the Digital Skills for the Workplace: Introduction to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel course. This course will help you to develop your knowledge, skills, and confidence when using digital technology in everyday workplace situations.
You will have opportunities throughout the course to develop your skills and share your knowledge. You will be supported, encouraged, and challenged through a range of online and digital activities throughout the course. The first half of this course is dedicated to learning about Microsoft Word and the second half focuses more on Microsoft Excel. There are review activities in sessions 5 and 10.
Some of the topics you will cover in the course include:
• identifying key information required in a job application and learn about resumes
• studying and adapting good samples of cover letters and resumes
• using a Microsoft Word template to assist
• formatting, saving, and locating files
• learning to navigate documents using short cuts on the keyboard
• learning to create, modify, format, and tables
• looking at the basics of Microsoft Excel workbooks and spreadsheets
• creating your own simple workbooks and spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel for different scenarios
• exploring self-calculating timesheets and invoices
• formatting cells in Microsoft Excel and learning basic formulas
• exploring Microsoft Excel templates and learning to organise, print and export spreadsheets.