This one-day non-accredited course will teach learners about food safety and give you the skills to use hygienic practices that minimise the risk of food being contaminated while it is being prepared and served.
This one-day course will teach learners about food safety and give you the skills to use hygienic practices that minimise the risk of food being contaminated while it is being prepared and served.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to understand:
- The requirements and responsibilities of safe food handling
- What hygiene hazards are and how they can be identified
- What procedures need to be followed to eliminate potential hygiene hazards
- The importance of reporting health issues and unhygienic practices
- How to prevent food contamination and cross-contamination.
- The statistics related to food poisoning in Australia
- Those most vulnerable groups at risk of food poisoning
This course is aimed at providing people looking for a job in cafes or hospitality with some knowledge and skills and a Certificate of Participation to put in your resume.
Please note this is a non-accredited course.
Open to anyone over 15 years of age.
Course date, location and time
Date: Saturday 3 December 2022
Location: Eltham Living & Learning Training site, 905-907 Main Rd, Eltham 3095 (opposite the Burger Lounge, next to Eltham Kindergarten)
Fee-paying - $75
Concession - $65
Eligibility for concession fee:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card holders, and their dependant children and dependant spouses
- Pensioner Concession Card holders, and their dependant children and dependant spouses
- Veteran's Gold Card holders (but not their dependants)
What to bring
- a snack/morning tea if desired
There is a small fridge in the classroom where you can store your lunch for the day.
Participants must be aged over 15 years.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.
Completion of this course can lead to further education pathways in Hospitality at local TAFE or to completing a Food Safety qualification.
How to enrol
Applications for enrolment can be processed using our online system.
If the course you are interested in is not listed, it may be booked out. Please contact us using the 'Enquire now' button above to find out about future courses.
If you are a concession card holder you will need to present your concession card at one of our centres prior to the start of the course in order to be eligible for the concession fee.