On the Hill Makers Market
Sunday 27 October, 11am-4pm, at the Panton Hill "On the Hill Festival".
Christmas Makers Market
Sunday 24 November, 10am-4pm, at our Eltham centre (739 Main Rd. Eltham)
Applications are now closed.
When makers are offered a stall at either Market, they have 2 weeks to accept the place. Offers will be made from 2 September onwards.
The aim of the markets is to provide local makers with the opportunity to promote and sell their products and to offer a unique and diverse selection of high quality handmade wares which have been made by the stallholder.
By “maker” we mean that you personally design and hand-make your own wares - products being offered for sale must be hand-made and hand crafted by you.
Stall selection: first preference will be given to our 2019 MakerSpace members if they apply before 2 September; second preference will be given to makers who are local to Nillumbik and surrounds (i.e. adjoining municipalities), third preference will be given to makers from further afield.
This is a curated market, and we are looking for the highest quality hand-made products. Each application will considered on it's merits and the decision of Living & Learning Nillumbik is final.
Terms and conditions
- Stallholders are responsible for ensuring that they conform to any Australian Standards pertaining to their product.
- Stallholders must be 18 years and over.
- The stallholder fee is $25 for the On the Hill Festival market and $40 for the Christmas Makers Market. This will be collected if you are offered a place in the Market. The stallholder fee is not refundable. Stalls may be shared.
- Maximum area provided for a stall is 3m x 3m where you have a marquee. If you do not have a marquee the area allocated to you may be less than 3m x 3m. We strongly recommend that stallholders use marquees for better stall visibility and in case of inclement weather. Marquess (and Bali flags etc.) add to the vibrancy of the Market.
- Stall holders must provide their own display requirements (i.e. table, display stands, marquee, signage) and will be required to set up and pack up.
- Our Makers Markets are outdoor events - there is no indoor contingency.
- We do not provide power to sites.
- Our Markets are plastic bag free zones – you must provide alternatives. Please try to reduce waste and use recycled and/or recyclable packaging and materials and remove all waste at the end of the day.
- All stallholders must be open for business during the Market hours. Specific set-up and pack-down times will be communicated prior to each Market and must be adhered to.
- Public liability insurance: If you are enrolled in a 2019 L&LN MakerSpace you are covered by our public liability insurance unless you are a business. All businesses are required to provide evidence of their public liability insurance. If this activity is not your business, and you are not a MakerSpace member, you may purchase insurance from Council. Details will be supplied once you have been confirmed as a stallholder.
- If a Market date is declared a CODE RED day, the Markets will be cancelled. In the event that a TOTAL FIRE BAN is declared on the day of the market: the On the Hill Makers Market will be cancelled; the Christmas Makers Market will be closed only if a "Watch and Act" or "Emergency Warning" affecting that area is issued. Please note that the Living & Learning Nillumbik centres are NOT designated Safer Places or Places of Last Resort.
- All stallholders must abide by instructions given by the Festival organisers or representatives, in the case of the On the Hill Makers market, and of Living & Learning Nillumbik staff or representative for both markets.