Please choose carefully before enrolling.
Click here to go to Frequently Asked Questions
- Full payment is required on enrolment for short courses.
- Payment by instalment is only available for nationally recognised qualifications.
- We recommend that you enrol at least one week prior to the course start date.
- Concessions may be available to holders of Health Care Cards, Pension Concession Cards, or Veterans Gold Card.
- If you hold a Companion Card your carer may attend class with you at no cost to the carer.
- Please note: we advise you to buy any materials no more than one week prior to the start of the course to avoid expense for a course that may be cancelled.
Course cancellations and alterations
- Living & Learning Nillumbik makes every effort to make sure that information is correct at the time of publication, and reserves the right to cancel, postpone or alter course schedules, locations, fees, tutors and trainers, or any other information in the Program due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Classes run subject to sufficient enrolments. If a course is cancelled a full refund will be provided.
- If notice of withdrawal is received more than a week before the start of the course, you may:
- request a refund of your course fees less a withdrawal fee of $30 (If the course fee is less than $30, no refund is available.)
- transfer your course fees to a new enrolment in another course. The new enrolment must be processed at the time of withdrawal and in this case the $30 withdrawal fee will be waived.
- If notice of withdrawal is received less than a week before the start of the course or during the course refund requests cannot be accommodated.
- At enrolment no reduction in fees can be made for any sessions of the course that you may not be able to attend
- Due to their nature, some courses may be able to accommodate additional participants after commencement and pro-rata fees may apply.
- Materials fees can only be reimbursed if the tutor has not already incurred a cost. Where materials have already been purchased by the tutor, these will be supplied to you where this is possible.
- Substitution of attendees may be permitted in some courses. The decision will be made by the Program Coordinator in consultation with the tutor. In most cases the substitution must be for the whole course, and enrolment details for the new person must be provided at the time of the substitution being advised.
Living & Learning Nillumbik is committed to fairness and supports participation by all members of the community. Special consideration in relation to all of the above may be given in cases of significant hardship where supporting documentation and evidence is provided.
Classes are not normally scheduled on public holidays or during state school holidays.
Total Fire Ban days and Code Red days
Living & Learning Nillumbik centres have been identified as places of high-risk of fire danger on CODE RED fire danger days. This means that the centres will be closed and no classes will run in the event that the Bureau of Metrology issues a CODE RED warning.
On days of Total Fire Ban the Eltham and Diamond Creek centres will normally remain open with staff in attendance. Staff will monitor official advice and weather all day. Due to its location, the Panton Hill centre will close on Total Fire Ban days and all activities will be cancelled, both on and off site.
Please note that the Living & Learning Nillumbik centres are NOT designated Safer Places, or Places of Last Resort
We welcome your feedback about any aspects of Living & Learning Nillumbik. Click here to find out how.