Some of our courses have places subsidised by funding from the Victorian and Commonwealth governments through Higher Education and Skills, as well as Adult Community and Further Education (ACFE). For government-funded places, subsidies apply only to the tuition part of the fee.
How to determine eligibility
In 2012, to be eligible for a government funded training place, you must be one of the following:
- Australian citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- holder of a Special Category Visa (sub-class 444, New Zealand citizen)
- holder of a Temporary Protection Visa.
And are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age
- undertaking a Foundation Skills course
- undertaking an apprenticeship
- 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by undertaking a course at a higher level than your existing qualification
- From 1 July 2012, Victorians of any age whose existing highest qualification is VCE or VCAL will be eligible for a government-subsidised training place in a qualification at Certificate II or above.
Please see the Eligibility flow chart under Related documents on the right side of this page.