Christmas Makers Market
Applications have now closed.
Market date: Sunday 25 November, 10am-4pm
Location: 739 Main Rd. Eltham
Please note that this is an outdoor market.
The aim of the market is to provide makers with the opportunity to promote and sell their products and to offer a unique and diverse selection of high quality handmade wares which have been made by the stallholder.
By “maker” we mean that you personally design and hand-make your own wares. Wares must be hand-made and hand crafted by you.
Preference will be given to makers who are local to Nillumbik and surrounds, but makers from any area may apply.
- Stallholders are responsible for ensuring that they conform to any Australian standards pertaining to their product.
- Stallholders must be 18 years and over.
- The stallholder fee is $35. This will be collected if you are offered a place in the Market. Places will be confirmed by 15 September. The stallholder fee is not refundable.
- Maximum area provided for a stall is 3m x 3m where you have a marquee. If you do not have a marquee the area allocated to you may be less than 3m x 3m.
- Stall holders are required to provide their own display requirements (i.e. table, display stands, marquee, signage) and will be required to set up and pack up.
- We do not provide power to sites.
- Our Markets are plastic bag free zones – you must provide alternatives. Please try to reduce waste and use recycled and/or recyclable packaging and materials and remove all waste at the end of the day.
- All stallholders must be open for business during the Market hours. Specific set-up times will be communicated prior to each Market.
- Public liability insurance: If you are enrolled in a 2018 L&LN MakerSpace you are covered by our public liability insurance unless you are a business. All businesses are required to provide evidence of their public liability insurance. If this activity is not your business you may purchase insurance from Council. Details will be supplied once you have been confirmed as a stallholder.
- If a Market date is declared a CODE RED day, the Market will be cancelled. If the Market date is declared a TOTAL FIRE BAN day, the market will be closed if a "Watch and Act" or "Emergency Warning" affecting that area is issued. Please note that the Living & Learning Nillumbik centres are NOT designated Safer Places or Places of Last Resort.