Terms and conditions
Please choose carefully and read our policy on refunds before enrolling.
Read the complete Fees, charges and refunds policy.
Further information is available in our Frequently Asked Questions
Enrolment and payment for any activity is deemed as acceptance of the booking terms and conditions.
- Where a fee applies, full payment is required on enrolment for short courses and activities.
- Payment by instalment does not apply to short courses and activities and is only available for enrolments in nationally-recognised qualifications courses.
- Enrolments are required at least one week prior to the course start date so that a decision about the course either going ahead or being cancelled can be made at that time. If places are available after that time, more enrolments can be accepted.
- We will advise people to buy any materials no more than one week prior to the start of the course to avoid expense for a course that may be cancelled.
- Concessions may be available to holders of current Health Care Cards, Pension Concession Cards or Veterans Gold Card.
- Concession cards and Companion cards must be sighted.
- The carer of a person with a current Companion Card may attend class with the person at no cost to the carer.
Course cancellations and alterations
- Living & Learning Nillumbik makes every effort to make sure that information is correct at the time of publication, and reserves the right to cancel, postpone or alter course schedules, locations, fees, tutors and trainers, or any other information in the program due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses and activities run subject to sufficient enrolments. If a course is cancelled a full refund will be provided.
- If notice of withdrawal is received more than a week before the start of the course, the person may:
- request a refund of the course fees less a withdrawal fee of $30 (If the course fee is less than $30, no refund is available) or
- request to withdraw from the course and transfer the course fees to a new enrolment in another course. The new enrolment must be processed at the time of withdrawal and in this case the $30 withdrawal fee will be waived.
- If notice of withdrawal is received less than a week before the start of the course or during the course no refunds are available however transfers may be possible at the discretion of the program coordinator (limited to one transfer before an administration charge is applied).
Refunds / Credit notes
Refunds / credit notes will only be paid / issued to the person enrolled unless:
- The person enrolled is under 18, in which case the refund will be paid to the parent or guardian of the person enrolled, or
- The payment has been made by arrangement through a third party organisation e.g. an employer, NDIS.
Credit notes are valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
- On enrolment, prior to course commencement, no reduction in fees can be made for any sessions of the course that the person may not be able to attend.
- Due to their nature, some courses may be able to accommodate additional participants after commencement and pro-rata fees may apply.
- Materials fees can only be reimbursed if the tutor has not already incurred a cost. Where materials have already been purchased by the tutor, these will be supplied.
- Substitution of attendees may be acceptable, in some courses, subject to approval by the Program Coordinator. Enrolment details for the new person must be provided at the time of the substitution being requested.
- Living & Learning Nillumbik is committed to fairness and supports participation by all members of the community. Special consideration in relation to all of the above may be given in cases of genuine significant hardship.
Under 18 enrolments
A completed and signed Child Parental Consent Form (below) must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian for all participants under 18 years of age with their first enrolment. The form must be received by us prior to attendance.
Living & Learning Nillumbik will endeavour to provide a safe environment for each child. This is a shared responsibility with you the parent or guardian.
Parent / guardian responsibilities
- Complete, sign and return the Child Parental Consent form prior to the start of the course.
- Sign the Parent / Guardian Sign-In sheet at the beginning and end of each activity session. Parents of teens are not required to do this if they have singed the Teenagers Release section of the Child Parental Consent form.
- Ensure that required information and your emergency contact details are kept up to date.
- Ensure that your child understands that they are required to behave in a safe manner and follow all tutor instruction.
- Be punctual in collecting your child at the class finish time. If you arrive late we will invoice you for the additional tutor time.
Living & Learning Nillumbik responsibilities
- All our children’s tutors have a valid Working with Children Check
- We are unable to provide an allergy free environment and may not accept enrolment in the activity if it is deemed unsafe for your child to participate.
- We will contact you if your child becomes ill. We reserve the right to contact an ambulance if we believe your child’s safety is at risk with the cost of the ambulance being attributed to you as parent / guardian.
- We will ensure your child is supervised until your arrival.
- Classes are not normally scheduled on public holidays or during state school holidays.
Total Fire Ban days and Code Red days
- Living & Learning Nillumbik centres have been identified as places of high-risk of fire danger on Code Red fire danger days. This means that the centres will be closed and no classes will run in the event that the Bureau of Metrology issues a Code Red warning.
- On days of Total Fire Ban centres will normally remain open with staff in attendance. Staff will monitor official advice and weather all day.
- Please note that the Living & Learning Nillumbik centres are not designated Safer Places, or Places of Last Resort.
We welcome your feedback about any aspects of Living & Learning Nillumbik.